Teatro Signorelli, Cortona
Designed by architect Carlo Gatteschi in 1854, the Teatro Signorelli has been an important venue for cultural events for over a century and a half.
Property of the Accademia degli Arditi, the Teatro is located in Piazza Signorelli, in the centre of Cortona, where the ancient Church of Saint Andrew once stood. It is an architectural work of great importance and was designed in neo-classical style. The loggia consists of seven arches and two rows of eight columns with vaulting and lunettes. The programming has always been lively and of the best quality. The Teatro has also been used for many years as a cinema and conference room, and has a café.