The Teatro Clitunno was built in 1875, designed by architect Domenico Mollaioli and inaugurated in 1877 with a performance of the opera "Maria di Rohan" by Gaetano Donizetti. It has two tiers of boxes with a gallery and can seat 200 people. The curtain, signed and dated 1877, is a work by Domenico Bruschi, one of the most active artists in Perugia after the unification of Italy. It portrays the Roman Emperor Caligula while offering sacrifices to the god Clitunno. The theatre has been the center of cultural, recreational and social life in town for over a century. It was restored in 1932, while in 1955 it was transformed into a cinema. The town of Trevi purchased the building, and during the years 1987-1993 an extensive renovation was carried out. Today, the theatre hosts performances of the highest level and many cultural activities.